Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information you provide to us directly: We collect information you provide to us directly, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, or communicate with us. This may include your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information we collect automatically: When you use the Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your device and your use of the Site. This may include your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), and other technical information. We may also collect information about how you use the Site, such as the pages you visit, the features you use, and the time you spend on the Site.
- Information we collect from third parties: We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as social media platforms, commercially available sources, and our business partners.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Site: We may use your information to provide and maintain the Site, and to provide you with the features and functionality of the Site.
- To communicate with you: We may use your information to communicate with you, such as to send you updates about the Site or to respond to your inquiries.
- To personalize your experience: We may use your information to personalize your experience on the Site, such as by providing content or features that are tailored to your interests.
- To improve the Site: We may use your information to improve the Site, such as by analysing how users use the Site or by identifying and fixing bugs or errors.
- To enforce our policies: We may use your information to enforce our policies, such as to prevent fraud or abuse of the Site.
- To provide you with the services and information you have requested, to improve our website, and to send you promotional material and updates about our services.
- To comply with legal obligations: We may use your information as required by law, such as to comply with a court order or to respond to a subpoena.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your information in the following ways:
- With third parties who provide services to us: We may share your information with third parties who provide services to us, such as hosting and maintenance services, analytics services, and payment processing services.
- With law enforcement or other government agencies: We may share your information with law enforcement or other government agencies as required by law, such as to comply with a court order or to respond to a subpoena.
- With third parties for legal reasons: We may share your information with third parties if we believe it is necessary to do so for legal reasons, such as to protect the rights, property, or safety of www.townplanner.co.za, our users, or others.
- With third parties for business purposes: We may share your information with third parties for business purposes, such as to complete a transaction you have requested, or to facilitate the sale or transfer of our business or assets.
- With your consent: We may share your information with third parties if you have provided your consent to do so.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties except as necessary to provide you with the services you have requested or as required by law.
Data Retention and Deletion
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the services of the Site. We may also retain your information for legal purposes, such as to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
You may request that we delete your account and all associated information by contacting us at [Insert email address]. We will make reasonable efforts to delete your information, but please note that we may be required to retain certain information for legal purposes.
You have the following rights with respect to your information:
- Access: You have the right to request access to the information we have collected about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete information about you.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your account and any associated information.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your information.
- Restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your information.
- Portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your information to another organization or to you.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before we can fulfil your request.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You can disable cookies in your browser settings, but please note that some features of the Site may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
We may also use other tracking technologies, such as web beacons and pixels, to collect information about your use of the Site. These technologies may be used in conjunction with cookies to understand how users interact with the Site.
Links to Other Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites that are not operated by www.townplanner.co.za. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every site you visit.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will take steps to delete such information from our servers.