Application to purchase or lease council property
An application can be lodged to Council in order to acquire land that belongs to the government or municipality.
An application can be lodged at the Corporate Property and Logistics Services Division of the Municipality to purchase or lease a property. Such an application takes very long because of the process involved.
The process is as follows:
- Provisional application evaluation after submission
- Comments from departments
- Report serves before the relevant committees (alienation cluster, mayoral and council)
- Advertise for the intention to lease land
- Tender specification and evaluation
- Tender advertisement
- Tender evaluation
- Tender approval